April 5, 2020
Christian Living Series Outline:
Walk by Faith
10. King Jesus
14. Walking in the Spirit
15 . Forgiving
1. Introduction ~ Phil 2:10-11 there is a lot leading up to this
2. Context ~ Jesus is acknowledged for who He is John 12:12-13 .
2.1. the enthusiasm of crowd is reminiscent of John 6:12-15
3. A Public Offering ~ as King, & the crowd met Him w/palm branches
3.1. the crowds we applyied the words of Ps 118:26 to Jesus
3.1.1. Jesus accepts & affirms the praise Luke 19:39-40
3.1.2. but He came in fulfillment of prophesy Zech 9:9
4. Prophesy ~ the King would come to die Heb 13:10-12 .
4.1. Jesus is the true paschal lamb of Ex 12:3
4.2 He was set apart to be “sacrificed for us” 1 Cor 5:7
5. King ~ (βασιλεύς) the leader, the prince, the commander, the lord
5.1. it is to the King alone that the people owe allegiance Ps 93:1-2
6. Jesus as King ~ Jesus said this of himself John 2:18-22
6.1. He makes His role explicitly clear John 18:36-37
6.2. His rule will never be stopped by this world Col 1:13-14
6.2.1. His Kingdom is already established Mark 1:15
6.3. Jesus affirmed this under interrogation of Pilate John 18:36
7. Jesus as Your King ~ Luke 17:15 how does this happen?
7.1. it is a work of God in our lives: it is not a work we do Eph 2:8-9
7.2. God forgives us because there is no punishment left Mark 10:45
7.2.1. then He gives us a new nature Col 3:9-11
7.3. It is all done because God loves us Rom 5:8-10
8. Now What? ~ our lives are hidden in the life of God 1 John 4:15-16
9. The Culmination ~ is still coming; there is more than just this life
9.1. something un-debatable is coming John 14:2-3 2 Peter 3:10-13
9.2. we will find God ruling supreme Rev 21:1-4
10. Application ~ one day we will stand before Him 2 Cor 5:9-10
10.1. make sure your life reflects the reality of His return
Is Jesus both Savior and King, or simply Savior?
What will we do with Jesus the King?
Lord, move in my heart to surrender all rule to You!